Thoughts and ramblings of just another girl

10 October, 2006

Why hello again!

Look, my blog is still here! Imagine that!

Well, work has been quiet for the first time today, and I after a bit of hectic lifeness and sick that I'm finally over, I feel that it's truly time to start building my 14th century wardrobe. First a few other things to finish...

1)Athol's other tunics. Really, about 30 minutes of machine sewing when I get the correct colour thread
2)My Bliaut and Chemise. About one night's work, maybe 1.5
3)German Dress. An ongoing project. Will also include shift, shoes and hat, but it's one of those things I want done for Yule, so really there's only two immediate things.

Oh, and then the organisation of the house/sewing room, but that also eludes me sometimes.

So, the 14th century wardrobe as I see it developing, considering the amount of fabric I currently own, it shouldn't require buying any new stuff, for a bit. (oh, how it hurts to say that)

Black wool underdress, and black linen underdress. Summer/winter thing here.
Green linen overdress, short sleeved, with tippets AND FICHETS! (there are nowhere near enough dresses with fichets around)
Blue short sleeved overdress with tippets and funny headdress (think duc de berry)
shifts x2
hose
shoes
surcote of some sort
Headress that isn't simply some veil/wimple combo
New girdle, and a pomander

Then, I have some burgundy wool I'd love to make a square necked more italian looking cote with. And I really want to make to make one of these, as I just love them.


So, I think that's a good start, and should keep me busy for a few months.

Keeping in mind I have a great dream of making this cool hoopy later italian dress too, and an early period surcote, more 13th century with dress... I'm a busy girl.


So, thoughts, comments, opinions?

2 Comments:

  • At 12 October, 2006 09:22, Blogger The Retro Seamstress said…

    I'm starting to lean more towards 14th century. Partially because cotehardies and jupons are dead sexy.

    Have to see what happens at Crown before I get too keen on costuming plans.

     
  • At 12 October, 2006 09:41, Blogger deense said…

    They are dead sexy!

    14th centruy is also easy to make! You could sneak some in!

    I'm determined to make one or two based off a couple of the period finds. And I love the english style that I do currently, but I'm really leaning towards the french and the italian more and more! Oh woe! So much to sew, so little time :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home