Thoughts and ramblings of just another girl

30 July, 2006

Productivity!



It just rocks. And I've been a very productive girl as of late. So here we have photos. Because everyone likes photos.
First we're starting with the beaded headpiece I've made to go with my Roman stuff. Based off Art's and Tyg's, I'm rather impressed at how well it turned out, because beads tend to not like me much.



Then we're on to the calcei, which are the cool Roman shoes they've found with little cutouts all around them. Mr B came up today and gave me a massive amount of help on these. Not only that, I got to spend the day hanging out with my favourite Pelican. Okay, I might be biased on that one just a wee bit. So we start with the basic shoe shape cut out of leather. Then we move onto the shoes with some holes punched (and me punching them), then B adding soles, and finally the shoes, about 1/2 done, if not 2/3....

I'm really impressed how well these are turning out, and how good they are looking, even if there were a few small errors on my part. Again, couldn't have been done without Art and Blayney's help.












Of course, I can't always make the photos go where I want them!

And, of course, there then was a bit of pewter casting, as one has to do. I attempted to recast my original pelican token that I made for B, this time with a loop on the top, and a different carving, a bit deeper overall. It worked out much better then the original one did, I'll have to clean them up and see how they go, but it should be really good. The first photo is of course me in my swish pewter casting setup. Aka, my kitchen. I know, you're awuflly jealous, aren't you?










So, that's part of my creativity for the last little while. Soon I'll get pictures of all the garb of been working on as well. You know, if I could keep this sort of pace up, i'd be a creating machine. But it's unlikely to happen really.

3 Comments:

  • At 31 July, 2006 12:58, Blogger deense said…

    What can I say, it's a vital life skill!

     
  • At 31 July, 2006 19:08, Blogger  Aphie said…

    *prods the second photo*
    *repeatedly*

    Still won't work :(
    Luckily, everything else does! Headpiece looks fab,a nd I'm, um, lustfully eyeing off your stripes. I so cannot pull off horizontal stripes.

     
  • At 31 July, 2006 20:30, Blogger deense said…

    Garg. Silly photos! try the flickr account I'd say :)

    Thanks. I love that top, and will be very sad one day when it can't be worn anymore. Though the key is to only do the stripes on the sleeves. Honest.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home