Thoughts and ramblings of just another girl

24 July, 2006

Happy post

Today is one of those days when I'm completely unispired to do actual work. Too bad there's a massive pile sitting here beside me, and we have the APJ and the EMEA VPs here.

Instead I thought I'd reflect again on positive things, something I'm carrying over from my lj. Namely, how much my friends rock.

1) Saturday my house was filled with people I really like, from work, sca-friends and non-sca friends. There was much fun, chatting, food, people brought us things, and I think people generaly had a good time. Now, while I normally try and keep gatherings at my place a wee bit smaller (say 10-12 people, not 30) I love having all my friends around me. They're such brilliant, interesting and good people, that it makes me feel great just to be associated with them.

2) The making stuff brigade. Pennsic is coming up, and Miss D is really bending over backwards to help me with things. Yesterday I popped by Kazzia's and now I am the proud owner of Norse garb (we need racing stripes still, but it's almost there). Art has helped me with shoes and Roman, B just makes me all sorts of useful things, especially pewter casting related, and my non-sca friend Anna made me the greatest reproduction Italian necklace ever. What I like more is that these people all just seem willing to help, and more importantly to TEACH me how to do these things myself (well, except for buttonholes, I KNOW how to make those, I just hate it. Greatly) so next time, when I'm not on the crazy pre-Pennsic rush, I can do this sort of thing myself. It's nice to have people around you who are so willing to help, and it's also a brilliant thing to have people around you who are willing to show and teach.

3) Heck, I think I'll stop at two. I'm pretty okay with the two I have up here.

Next post will be some in process projects. I feel the need t whip out the camera and document where I am with various things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home